Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Applications of differentiation include:
- Finding the slope (or equation) of the tangent line to the graph of a function at a point
- Finding the slope or equation of the tangent line to the graph of an equation at a point (using implicit differentiation)
- Locating absolute or local extrema on a graph (using critical points)
- Linear approximation of a function value
- Estimating the change in a quantity using differentials
- Estimating the velocity, acceleration of a moving body
- Knowing the behaviour of a function in the number line (change in curvature)